Re: USB Mass Storage - Kernel Bug?

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 12:36:50AM +1000, Damien Solley wrote:

> I am having trouble using an external USB 2.0 to IDE converter box with
> recent 2.6 kernels. The box houses a 200GB IDE drive. When I try to
> perform large transfers (eg 500MB files) to the box it aborts after a
> variable proportion of the file/s have been transferred.
>
> The dmesg output calls it a kernel bug... Google is unhelpful, does
> anybody know what this is or where I could go for further assistance.
> Kernel versions that seem affected are 2.6.7 to 2.6.9-rc2.
>
> Note that the drive works under Windows 2k/XP and previously worked
> under 2.6 kernels (about 2.6.5 IIRC). Dmesg output is attached, with the
> most relevant section below.

I have had similar problems rsyncing a debian mirror from a USB-hard
drive to the PC on a USB 2.0 connection (a pci-card I have bought).
When I do the same through the USB 1 connection it works without a
problem.  Copying large files to the disk, however works better for me
using the USB 2.0 connection.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God..."
                                Psalm 14:1