Re: right handheld computer for a Debian user?

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 07:15:40AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> I suppose if I don't insist on being able to use Linux I can lessen
> the price lots?

IMO, the low-budget Treos and whatnot don't offer much beyond what you
can get in a cell phone.

Just go ahead and buy the $500 iPaq and the $300 GPS, and spend $200
on 2 512mb SD cards.  It's worth a grand.

Short of that, just buy a good cell phone.

Or, if you can spend two grand, get one of the "real computers" that
weigh a few ounces.

The highest end Archos video thing might be worth the $600.

Don't waste money on a low-end handheld; just get a phone with bluetooth.