mailing list manager with creation-on-subscribe?

I am looking for a mailing list manager to manage an undefined
number of list. A list should be created whenever someone
subscribes. Mails to non-existant lists go to /dev/null. Reason:
I want to set up a system to allow subscriptions to individual
Debian bugs.

Does anyone know such a list server? Or know how to tweak one
easily?

I realise the functionality would be trivial to implement with
python and postgres, but I don't want to fall into all the
bounce-handling traps that mailing list managers are already
managing...

`. `'`