Re: Installations problem

Asim Jamshed wrote:

Hello,

I just installed Debian Linux on my PC. This is my first experience
with Linux. Understandably, I faced a lot of problems :). I had
downloaded the debian v3 release 2 which comes on 7 CDs(Woody). On
installation, by default, the kernel installed was version 2.2. I
tried to upgrade it to v2.4 using dselect. The system asked me to
insert CD 3 of the Debian distribution. On inserting the right CD, it
again prompted the same inquiry. The CD 3 reads fine as I've already
tested it out. Can you kindly tell me what might the problem be?

Regards,
AJ

Do you have fast network access? If so, you can bypass the cdroms and pull directly from the network by reconfiguring "/etc/apt/sources.list".

It seems a shame to do so since you already have the CDs, but I never use CDs, so I don't know what might be wrong, thus I've made this suggestion to use the net.

--
Kent