Re: weird constant hissing sound coming from one speaker

Apparently, _H. S._, on 09/24/04 19:18,typed:

The only thing remaining to be seen is the user who uses KDE is also free from these problems.

Okay, so alsamixer worked ... when I mute IEC958 the hissing from the left speaker goes away. The hissing comes back, or in other words the IEC958 becomes unmuted, when that user logs in using KDE. I have to again mute IEC958 to get rid of the hissing. However, when that user logs in using Gnome, the IEC958 is not unmuted and the hissing does not happen.

So looks like only that user's some config file that gets read when the user logs in to KDE is the culprit. Ideas?

->HS