Re: Firefox 'stretched' printing

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:32:50 -0400
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> / Jacob S <stormspotter@6Texans.net> was heard to say:
> | This sounds like a xprt problem. If your printer is setup with cups,
> | try printing using the Postscript/default option and see if that
> looks| better.
>
> Success! Once. After the first time, each attempt to print with
> Postscript/default produces the dialog "You cannot print while in
> print preview", which I'm not.

Ah, good! We're making some progress then.

Google turned up a couple of hits on this, but nothing that looked
helpful for a cure. For the short term, restarting Firefox should fix
it temporarily. Hopefully someone else on the list will have some clues
on this one.

> | If it does, you can either stop using xprt (my choice) or edit
> xprt's| configuration files in /etc.
>
> How can I "stop using xprt"?

When I was doing the same, I used 'apt-get remove xprt'.

HTH,
Jacob