Question about installing with Intel Ethernet Pro 100 (82557) PCI card

I am getting ready to install 'woody' from CD and just want to make
sure I understanding this correctly. My reading of the Ethernet HOW-TO
is that a driver for the Intel 82557 Ethernet Pro 100 has been
included since early 1.3.x kernels. So I won't have to build it into
the "vanilla" kernel, right? I've never installed Debian before and
want to be prepared, if I need to get any drivers from the
manufacturer in advance and install the modules either during or after
the installation to get the card to work.