Chronyc Stratum 2 ntp servers access denied.

After setting up Chrony, and reading the docs, I am still unable to
get Chrony to update my time.

So I decided to use Chronyc with the accheck <url> command, and I am
getting 209 Access denied commands on all the Stratum 2 servers I am
trying to contact.  Yes I have inputed my Chronyc passwd like the
docs says, with Chronyc password.

According to http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2b.html, these
are supposed to be Stratum 2 servers with public access. There is a
note on some of the listings that suggest to drop them a notification
if you use their servers.

I would like to use accheck to verify the server is talking to
Chronyd, I would also like to find the closest ntp server that is
working.  But so far no luck, I have the default .conf file using the
pool.ntp.org addresses, like this.  The only thing I changed was the
online from offline, because I use DSL, and my computer is always on.

server pool.ntp.org online
server pool.ntp.org online
server pool.ntp.org online

Also in my daemon.log file I am getting these remarks.

Sep 21 22:15:59 localhost chronyd[3413]: Unrecognized subcommand at
line 14
Sep 21 22:15:59 localhost chronyd[3413]: Unrecognized subcommand at
line 15
Sep 21 22:15:59 localhost chronyd[3413]: Unrecognized subcommand at
line 16

Which correspond to the ntp server lines in the chrony.conf file.

Also if I ping some of the servers on the stratum2 lists, and even the
pool.ntp.org I get 100% packet loss. In the FAQ it did mention that
if you are behind a firewall you might have to open some ports. Why
would this affect ping? I can ping, and traceroute any other address,
but why not the ntp servers addresses?

Also if I use chronyc and activity, and sourcestats all are empty.

chronyc> activity
200 OK
0 sources online
0 sources offline
0 sources doing burst (return to online)
0 sources doing burst (return to offline)
chronyc> sourcestats
210 Number of sources = 0
Name/IP Address            NP  NR  Span  Frequency   Freq Skew   Std
Dev
chronyc> sourcestats -v
210 Number of sources = 0
                             .- Number of sample points in measurement
set.
                            /    .- Number of residual runs with same
sign.
                           |    /    .- Length of measurement set
(time).
                           |   |    /      .- Est. clock freq error
(ppm).
                           |   |   |      /            .- Est error in
freq.
                           |   |   |     |            /            .-
On the
                           |   |   |     |           |            /
samples.
                           |   |   |     |           |           |
Name/IP Address            NP  NR  Span  Frequency   Freq Skew   Std
Dev

Yes I have restarted chronyd a few times, using init.d chronyd
restart, I even went to init 1 to make double sure everything would
startup fresh. I know some of you might just suggest using my ISP DNS
servers. I might have to, but I would like to get this NTP server
thing a fair shake. Yes I have waited a few hours just in case the
cron jobs did not update chronyd.  Oh I am using Debian Testing/Sarge
with current updates.

Rthoreau