Re: GTK 1.2 font problems

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 06:46:32PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:

> > After reading the newsgroups, here's what I've tried:
>
> Try this:
>
> http://linuxgazette.net/issue96/adam.html

I don't think that's it.  I don't have a font server running, and I
list the 100dpi fonts before the 75dpi (My screen is around 100dpi,
and presumably 75dpi fonts would look even smaller).

It is possible that something in my paths is off, though I've futzed
with them extensively to get fonts into their current almost OK state:
Section "Files"
	#FontPath	"unix/:7100"			# local font server
	# if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these

	# next 2 lines at instruction of x-ttcidfont-conf 7/25/04
	FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
	FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"

	FontPath	"/usr/local/share/fonts/TrueType"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
EndSection

But there are so many layers.  I have defoma installed, and libxft in
various versions (I'm not sure if GTK 1.2 uses any of them).

I also forgot to mention in my original post that I went hunting
around config files for something explicitly setting a bad font; I
didn't find anything.