Re: BIG mail box...

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:58:07 +0100
Grant <orblists@orbysrealm.com> wrote:

> Hey!.
>
> I setup qmail and courier imap last night... i also installed
> squirrelmail... which works fine! IF i have small mail boxes...
>
> but me being me... copied all my old mail into the new mail box and
> now squirrelmail wont load the box... its obviously too big for it...
> As Mozilla picks up the mail fine and shows them all fine too :)
>
> So my question is... anyone know of a better/good webmail client that
> can handle big mail boxes... i've looked at silkymail but it looks a
> little old.... i dunno if i could make a theme i havnt really looked
> into that... i really wanted squirrelmail or something that looked as
> good, unless there is a something i can edit so it accepts the bigger
> mail box ?

I've heard Squirrelmail's latest development branch (1.5.xx?) has a fix
for this. If your webmail isn't mission critical, you might give it a
try.

Also, Ilohamail (available via apt-get) loads a lot faster on my server
and seems to work as well as Squirrelmail - provided you don't use many
Squirrelmail plugins currently. However, if you're using it for mailing
lists, I have heard that it doesn't include References to make threading
work right for people reading your replies.

HTH,
Jacob