Re: write access to /proc/bus/usb [for scanners]

Once upon a time Chris Purves said...

> > If the device is not set to group scanner, have a look in
> > /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap. The comments at the top of this file
> > describe how the scanner permissions should be managed.
>
> My scanner is listed in this file; however, there aren't any comments at the
> top of my file speaking about permissions.

oh. okay. Here's the bit from the top of mine then.

# The entries below are used to detect a USB scanner when it's plugged in
# and then run the libusbscanner script to change the ownership and
# permissions on the "device node" used by libusb.