From: Roger Creasy [mailto:roger_creasy@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 11:10 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: networking/permissions NEWBIE

Tony Uceda Velez <tvelez@secureworks.com> wrote:
Make sure you've created a smbuser on the Linux box.  Update your /etc/hosts file and your /etc/allow file as well with the hostname and workgroup/ domain.  Make sure in your smb.conf file you've associated the computer with the right Workgroup or Domain.  If all this has been done, write back.

How do I create a smbuser? Sorry for such a basic question, I can't find a man for samba....

I have a home network set up, sort of...
My awesome, incrediable, debian box has sarge, KDE, Samba.
My problem box has winXP home.

From the linux box I can see everything on the network, can open shared folders, etc.
However, from the windose box I can see the linux computer, but cannot see or access any folders on it. Suggestions? (other than the obvious, put Debian on the windows box :) )

Thanks,

Roger

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?