Re: write access to /proc/bus/usb [for scanners]

On Saturday 18 September 2004 19:07, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> Are you sure only root has permission? Is there group read/write
> permission for the group "scanner"?

If I go to /proc/bus/usb/002/005 root is both the owner and group.  It would
appear that /etc/hotplug/usb/libusbscanner is not changing the permissions
like it's supposed to.

> If the device is not set to group scanner, have a look in
> /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap. The comments at the top of this file
> describe how the scanner permissions should be managed.

My scanner is listed in this file; however, there aren't any comments at the
top of my file speaking about permissions.

--

Take care, eh.
Chris