Solved Re: Lcd4linux ./configure and make problem.

> Stefan O'Rear <stefanor@cox.net>
<snip>
> Wrote:
> Note that this info was found by the 'dlocate' program on the
> computer of a programmer who uses Woody. If you use Sarge, Sid,
> Potato, or any other Debian version, you may need different
> packages. Search packages.debian.org for your version and:

> /usr/include/gd.h
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h
> /usr/bin/autoconf

> Build-essential has the same name everywhere, it is a dep package
> that pulls in C, C++ (which this program actually needs) and a
> bunch of unobvious stuff you'll often need to compile programs.

I just followed your suggestion and installed everything, I am using
sarge and the names are the same.

> build-essential (mandatory)
> xlibs-dev (mandatory)
> autoconf, automake (optional)
> libgd2-dev (mandatory)

I did not know I needed all these packages, as I do compile my own
kernel, I thought I had all the needed packages for compile time.
Guess you learn something everyday, maybe I will down the road make a
debian package out of it, so it will be installed with dpkg.

Seems like my CrystalFontz 634 is picky about what client it likes.
lcd4linux, lcdproc are problem childs on this setup. I guess I need
to hit the mailing lists and see what I can dig up, so far its not
looking good. I did find another 634 user with simillar problems as
me but no solution.

Thanks;

Rthoreau