Re: Will Debian have libstdc++.so.5 soon?

Eric Dickner wrote:
--- Stefan O'Rear <stefanor@cox.net> wrote:

Unstable means that the packages actually get
upgraded. With stable, all
you get is security fixes.

Well, that's good to know.  The word has many bad
connotations in spite of its official definition.

But stable _does_ have libstdc++.so.5; you must not
have it installed.

I don't have it installed so I searched
packages.debian.org with "stable" as one of the
parameters and it turned up nothing (.3 latest one in
there).  I should have checked under the other two
parameters before asking about it...kinda stupid
there.

I am glad I asked, though.  Without being reassured I
would not use anything under "testing" or "unstable",
ever.

Thanks,

Eric D.

There is a package called apt-file to find which package contains which files; also, you can do the same search at http://packages.debian.org