Re: write access to /proc/bus/usb

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 18:13 +0800, Chris Purves wrote:
> I've set up an usb scanner recently, but I am having permissions problems.
> The scanner generally resides in /proc/bus/usb/003 but only root has
> read/write permissions.  What I have been doing is manually changing the
> permissions access every time I want to run the scanner.  (using xsane)
>
> Does anyone have a permanent solution?

I have solved this by using saned and sharing for the localhost. Read
the saned manual - in a few steps - you should add a line in inetd.conf
and modify saned.conf and net.conf.

Please note that there are some issues with saned in ipv6 enabled
machines, you will figure it out.

--
Martin Spasov <mspasov@techno-link.com>