Re: cdrecord does not work as ordinary user in kernel 2.6.8-1-686

Zachary Rizer wrote:

This is a known issue. You need to upgrade your kernel
to 2.6.9-rcX, or downgrade to 2.6.7.X.  Some details
here: http://k3b.plainblack.com/index.pl/news2 (under
"Do not use kernel 2.6.8") or more at google.com, I'm
sure.

Under the same section on that webpage:
Update 3: Be aware that kernel 2.6.8 also contains the memory leak which makes it impossible to write audio cds, even as root.

shudderrr ... o boy. I was thining of copying 3 audio CD I just bought but was just putting it off till got some really free time. Good thing here I delayed :)

Okay, so if I now go home and install 2.6.7, should I expect any other issues with it? I mean, does this kernel perform as well as the 2.4.26 or it lacks something there too?

Thanks for your pointer,
->HS