Re: K3B equivalent for GNOME

On 2004-09-16, michael.sherman@og.ge.com <michael.sherman@og.ge.com> wrote:
> I want to try and use GNOME after sometime with KDE.
> And I was wondering if there was a GUI equivalent of K3B for the GNOME
> desktop.

I'm afraid there isn't. There's xcdroast as others have mentioned. For me,
the only thing it cannot do is burn audio cd's from ogg files, for that
you need mp3burn or to convert your files to wavs by hand. Eroaster is
nice and can do all CD operations (no DVDs), but lately it has been
increasingly buggy (I think it's confused by ATAPI devices under kernel
2.6 or something). The easiest way to burn data CDs in GNOME is directly
from Nautilus.

Then again, K3B runs just fine on GNOME too.

--
Juha Siltala
http://www.edu.helsinki.fi/activity/people/jsiltala/