Re: How to add system services auto-start on system setup?

Stefan O'Rear wrote:

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 09:39:14AM +0800, Lian Liming wrote:
Hi all,
I am now using the script "/etc/init.d/XXXX" to start service manually. I wonder if there are any way to add service to auto start when system boot up? Thank you for suggestions!

man update-init.d

Thank you for reply. But i got a problem with that command.

$man update-init.d
No manual entry for update-init.d
$update-init.d
bash: update-init.d: command not found

I can't find the command "update-init.d" on my debian system. So what package should i install to get that tool?

Thank you.