Help: incorrect kernel version

I am running a dedicated server on Debian Linux kernel version 2.4.18200310143.

Recently, while I was trying to install a new software from the UNSTABLE distribution, I may have messed up my kernel. Now, when I enter commands such as "ps" in the command shell, I am getting the following warning message:

Warning: /boot/System.map-2.4.18200310143 has an incorrect kernel version.

The dedicated server has started to shutdown for some strange reason and I suspect that the above problem maybe to blame for it as well. Is there a way to resolve this "incorrect kernel version" problem, by using the apt-get command. I have few websites and a database running on the dedicated server. Do I have to start allover and reload the Debian operating?

I am a new Debian user and I would be very grateful for your advice and help.

regards,
Daniel.