IRQ 9 conflict pcmcia and video on VAIO PCG-FX101

Hi All!

I'm working a long time now (for about a year) to get debian working on
a Sony Vaio PCG-FX101. Without a network it's working now, but the
problem I can't get over is this:

The PCMCIA network card uses is a realtek chipset, so I'm obliged to use
kernels 2.4.28 to 2.4.20 at most. This because the driver is not open
source and only compiled against those kernels.

The problem is that I can't get an IRQ assigned to the pcmcia
controller. Today though i did managed to persuade the machine to assign
an IRQ to the controller...which happened to be IRQ 9. But when it does,
the screen stops with scrolling en shows only the message that irq 9 is
assigned and the machine keeps on booting. So when I make a serial
connection to the machine, I can see in /var/log/messages that the
PCMCIA controller (ricoh) has been assigned IRQ 9. But the screen is
halted. So now I have an working pcmcia controller, only I can't see!
;-(

>From various documents ion the Internet I know that it is possible to
get linux working on this hardware, but as of yet I'm not successful.

How can I change my video IRQ or PCMCIA IRQ during initialization?

Some tech. data:

Description Vendor Component Driver Status

Graphics Intel i815EM i810 (X11) works
Graphics Intel i815EM fb (i810fb,X11) works
Touchpad Alps Glidepoint PS/2 (kernel) works
Sound Intel AC'97/ICH2 i810 (kernel) works
PCMCIA Ricoh RL5c478 II i82565 (pcmcia-cs) not working!
USB Intel ICH2 JE-UHCI (kernel) works
ParPort Intel ICH2 parport (kernel) works
Serial Port Intel ICH2 serial (kernel) works
Modem Conexant,Intel AC'97/ICH2 HSF-Linmodem (Conexant) untested
Firewire Texas Instruments unknown fw-ohci (kernel) untested
APM Sony BIOS apm (kernel) not functional
ACPI Sony BIOS acpi (acpi.sf.net) partly working causing me troubles...

Can anyone give me some hints as where I can find more info to get this
machine working? Or better: what to do except installing WinXP (because
that is what Sony wants..;-( )

Eduard

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachment(s) sent with it are intended exclusively for
the addressee(s), and may not be used by, opened by, passed on to, or made
available for use to, any person other than the addressee(s). Stork rules
out any and all liabilities resulting from any electronic transmission.