Re: problem with mplayer and xv on debain/unstable

On 16.9.2004 6:08 JSS wrote:

After a recent upgrade of debian/unstable my mplayer (1.0pre5) has stopped showing any video. I found out that xv output is not working (which was working without any problem before the upgrade).

I tried to localize the problem and found that following libs have been upgraded (earlier version was 1-6):

dpkg -l|grep xv

ii libxv-dev 4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Window System video extension library deve
ii  libxv1         4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 X Window System video extension library
ii  xvfb           4.3.0.dfsg.1-7 virtual framebuffer X server

The mplayer works with mplayer -vo x11 option but it is slow. Could there be a bug in above xv packages?
Any body else experiencing similar problem?

Any help on this will be appriciated.
Thanks
JSS

Check out http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=271235