Re: Making Fixed Width Fonts Available to GTK2

Hi Lucas,

On 16.9.2004 9:50 Lucas Barbuto wrote:

Hi,

Just a quick one, can someone explain how I can make fixed width fonts (from the artwiz-fonts package) available to GTK2 applications, specifically gnome-terminal (you know where I'm going with this). Artwiz fonts are available to X, but not to GTK2 --- why? What do I need to do?

I'm no expert in this, but did you turn bitmapped fonts on in Fontconfig? If not, see the Fontcofig local configuration file /etc/fonts/local.conf. I recall there is a commented section that you have to uncomment for Fontconfig to use bitmapped fonts.

I'm sorry I'm not giving more details, I can't have a look at local.conf because I'm not writing this from my Debian machine.

Hope this helps.

Andrei

--