Re: Developing flash on debian

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 07:41:32AM -0700, Zachary Rizer wrote:

> You could also learn MING.  There was also a recent
> story about a replacement for MING; check slashdot, I
> don't remember exactly, because I didn't pay much
> attention to it.  If you are using flash, I must warn
> you to only use it to make movies or games, NEVER for
> navigation, as it is not a highly accessible
> technology.  Please, stay away from it for web design.

I have heard (no guarantee) that the Australian product SWiSHMax runs
adequately under WINE.  You can download their trial version and see.

I develop Flash, for computer-based training.  I have rarely seen a
web page per se where it was more than an annoyance, but for web
*applications* it can be useful.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading