Re: Help with kernel module

In my experience I had received this kind of message
when I am trying to install a module from a diferent
kernel, nevertheless there are a good source of
information that I can recommend to you

http://www.geniusweb.com/LDP/HOWTO/html_single/Module-HOWTO/#AEN597

One more question, are you sure that the kernel that
you have already install was compiled with support for
the module that you are trying to install?

Regards.
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:01:27 -0500 (CDT), Nick Longo
wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Sergio Basurto wrote:
>
> > from where did you get the module, I mean you
compile
> > your own kernel or what?
> I got the module form the GATOS project, since
> installing debian the
> system freezes when running X.
>

> > which version of debian you are using?
> Sarge, the testing version.
>

> > whic kernel is already installed on your system?
> kernel 2.6.8-1-k7
>

> > On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:13:52 -0500 (CDT), Nick Longo
> > wrote:
> >

> > > I am trying to install a kernel module on my
Debian
> > > system but I am
> > > getting the error...

/lib/modules/2.6.8-1-k7/build/include/linux/modversions.h: No such