Re: installation of sarge on 486

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 09:15 am, Marcos Carneiro da Rocha wrote:
> i think that sarge needs at least 32 MB.

That sounds correct. According to:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/rc1/doc/manual/en/ch02s05.html
"You must have at least 32MB of memory and 110MB of hard disk space."
There are plenty of boot parameters for the installation system, available at:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/rc1/doc/manual/en/ch05s02.html#installer-args
Perhaps using a text based install might work better on lower end systems.

I just installed Sid, via upgrading a Woody base install on a 133/16 meg and
it ran just fine. Slow, of course, but definitely usable with xfce4 and
blackbox.

--

...Rob
Return address is obfuscated.