Re: [Way OT] Re: GMAIL Invites..!

Hi,
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:57:41 +1000, Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 10:37:11PM -0400, Patrick Wiseman said
> > (I'm bottom-posting only because this list - uniquely, in my
> > experience - insists on it.  You really should try reading your email
> > in reverse chronological order.  It works.)
>
> Every single technical list (far too many) I'm on is *strongly* slanted
> to the post-below-what-you're-replying-to-so-it's-easy-to-keep-up
> worldview.  These are almost exclusively FS lists, though.

Top posting leads to a big mess. Every non-technical person does it
and it ends up with them saying "let's use a forum or something"
because they can't follow the thread any longer. Surprise surprise, a
forum works with bottom posting and everybody seems to find that
normal.

Anyway most people toppost, but only because their software (ms
outlook) insists on it and they end up hating it themselves, but they
don't know why. I know that I wouldn't be able to follow the kind of
elaborate discussions that go on here if everybody started topposting.
You're welcome to try to, and loose 95% of the list's interest in the
process.

greets,
Wim