Re: Is it possible to access an iMac over LAN from Debian ?

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 07:59:50PM -0700, Stefan O'Rear wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 08:52:38PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > I already know how to use netatalk to allow a Mac user to treat
> > my Debian box as a file server. But I can see on the Mac that
> > it is able to share files with others Macs. So, how do I get
> > my Debian box to pretend to be a Mac? Or is there a better way
> > to gain electronic/LAN access to files on Mac?
>
> IIRC OS/X comes with Samba and NFS.

I see evidence of Samba in the "Sharing" setup screens, but I
don't see anything about NFS. If it is there (I hope), its
hidden. Does anyone know how to have it reveal itself on the
Mac?

(I'm not much interested in Samba. I would have to learn about
windoze. Don't want to do that, even a little bit. At least,
I'll resist until I'm convinced that there is absolutely no
alternative.)

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net