Re: Trouble with HDD > 137GB Using Sarge

It's pretty bad form to xpost everywhere. Having one's email address in Debian is bad enough;-((

Chrissie wrote:

On 2004-09-12, Kurt Dresner <omega697@gmail.com> wrote:
figure out exactly what I need to do.  I just installed Sarge
(netinst) on a new 200GB drive from Seagate (ATA/100).  During the
installation process, the partitioner only saw the first 137 GB.  I

Alan Cox has started a -ac kernel series again. It has the newest IDE
patches. Look out for it, maybe it helps.

It may be a hardware issue; I have a 250 Gb drive mounted USB in Woody with no problem. Suspicions about the h/w is one of the factors in my choice of USB in this instance.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait