Re: Upgrading the Debian/unstable system makes mplayer run without video output

JSS wrote:

Just now I upgraded my Debian/unstable ( 2.4.26-1-686) system and when I started mplayer (MPlayer 1.0pre5-3.3.4 ) I found the there is no video ouput. The sound ouput it ok. I compiled and installed the mplayer again without any errors but the problem still exists (no video).

Any body else having similar problem with mplayer and debian/unstable?

thanks
JSS

additional info: I played the video file with -v and following is the a part of the output
(This might help in diagnosing the problem):

.
.
.
X11 opening display: :0.0
vo: X11 color mask:  FFFF  (R:F800 G:7E0 B:1F)
vo: X11 running at 1600x1200 with depth 16 and 16 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
[x11] Detected wm supports NetWM.
[x11] Detected wm supports FULLSCREEN state.
[x11] Detected wm supports ABOVE state.
[x11] Detected wm supports BELOW state.
[x11] Current fstype setting honours FULLSCREEN ABOVE BELOW X atoms
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 240 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
Trying filter chain: vo
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
SwScale params: -1 x -1 (-1=no scaling)
Trying filter chain: scale vo
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder libmpeg2-v0.3.1
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm:libmpeg2 (MPEG 1 or 2 (libmpeg2))
.
.
.

I tried and it worked with mplayer file.avi -vo x11 but it did not go to full screen !!
thanks
JSS