IDE zip, udev: partition 4 is not created

[Please, CC me, I don't subscribe to the list]

Hello,

I experience problems to use IDE zip drive with udev: the
fourth partition is not created at boot time. It seems to
be a known problem. For Debian there's a (closed) bug report:

 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=260349&archive=yes
 "The partition files for an IDE zip drive are not created"

But...
I don't see any FAQ in /usr/share/doc/udev for example and the
syntax of /etc/udev.rules or udev(8) manpage are a little bit
obscure to me. Any help appreciated.

/--
| kernel 2.6.7
|  udev 0.031-2
|
| cat /etc/fstab | grep zip
| /dev/hdd4 /media/zip vfat user,noauto,showexec 0 0
`--

Thanks,

--
Cyril