kernel compilation on sid

Hi,

I re-installed my laptop (dell inspiron 8100) with the new installer (kernel 2.6).

Then I apt-get the newer kernel source and compile it (make-kpkg --initrd kernel_image; dpkg -i kernel-image...). but it hangs randomly during the boot (sometimes at ide detection or when setting system clock,..).

I removed unnecessary (IMHO) kernel drivers but at this time I do not solved my problem this way.

I also tried to compile without 'initrd' but then kernel could not mount root anymore (> could not mount unknown-block(0,1)), even with builtin reiserfs drivers, ide drivers,..

Thanks,

Frédéric