Re: Trouble with HDD > 137GB Using Sarge

Kurt Dresner wrote:

I have been googling this for the last few hours and I just can't
figure out exactly what I need to do.  I just installed Sarge
(netinst) on a new 200GB drive from Seagate (ATA/100).  During the
installation process, the partitioner only saw the first 137 GB.  I
had already flashed my BIOS and was sure things should be working -
when I boot Knoppix and run cfdisk, it can see the whole 200GB.

Check the jumper on the disk. I experienced the same with 160 GB HDDs jumpered to 32 GB. Knoppix ignores the jumper, but Sarge (even the same version of cfdisk) sees only 137 GB.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer