Re: dead X install

Blake Swadling wrote:

> I have sorted the problem. I disassembled the damn PC and there is a
> distinct odour of the magic smoke inside the case. Cant see what went
> pop but I'm guessing it was related to the GPU.

I have the same effects here with a nvidia chipset on a msi mobo. The screen
goes dark (not really black), using Sid's xserver-xfree86 (1-7). With the
one from Sarge (1-4), everything is fine.

So in my case it's no hardware problem...

Greetings,
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien

Key ID 0x728d9bd0 - public key available at wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
Honda NTV '94 still running on fuel - everything else here runs Debian
GNU/Linux