Re: Apt-get dist-upgrade threatening to remove 1500 files - SOLVED

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:47:11 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater
<amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> All,
>
> Apologies for the bandwidth used.  I had the entry for
> security.debian.org stable updates in my /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> Upgrade-system saw that and attempted to downgrade my entire system
> such that it complied with the latest security updates for stable or
> some such - resulting in the perverse output.  Commenting out the
> offending line and rerunning the command sorted it out.

my first born son is yours :-)
that fixed the problem,
when upgrade-system declared that it wanted to remove everything, I
stopped it from updating, but every other apt front end then had it
set to do the update and I couldn't clear it.

so, what's your postal address and I'll ship the annoying bugger to
you (he's 2 and takes all my time plus 10% more)

Incidentally, do you know how to clear the pending actions in apt?
dpkg --clear-avail doesn't clear it