Re: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 blacklisted

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 09:44:53AM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> There is a bug in current kernels / alsa -- you may have to check
> this
> everytime you boot up. Hope they fix it soon.

i've not looked it up, but i think the bug comes from letting hotplug
load the sound modules, and they're not getting loaded in time for
/etc/init.d/alsa to restore the volume levels, so that fails leaving
them down.

i added the main alsa module for my card to /etc/modules to make sure
it gets loaded in time.
--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |