Re: Help with DHCP and Date Question

Last Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:29:42 -0500 ccgiusj@sbcglobal.net
<ccgius@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Questions:
>
>1.   How do I install DHCP Client?
There are a couple of them available for debian (dhcp-client,
dhcp3-client, pump, etc.)

apt-get install dhcp-client
                        ^
                         I--- insert your favored dhcp client here

usually does the trick. Usually it's already included in a base
install so you wouldn't really need to do this...

>2.   The date in my system doesnt go beyond 1999, is
>there a way I can fix it?.

Do you refer to the system date as placed by the BIOS? or system time
as can be configured by date/time manipulation tools in the operating
system?

If it's the BIOS - there's not much your OS can do. a firmware upgrade
would be in order.

--
Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@gmail.com