Re: Can't play midi

Hello

Danilo Horta (<horta@hangarnet.com.br>) wrote:

> When i try to play some mid file as a simple user on kmid, it shows
> "Player :: There are no midi ports !". I can play anything else but
> midi. So i tried "ls -la mid" and it shows
>
> "
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      11 2004-08-06 23:05 midi -> /dev/midi00
> crw-rw----  1 root audio 14,  2 2004-08-06 23:05 midi00
> crw-rw----  1 root audio 14, 18 2004-08-06 23:05 midi01
> crw-rw----  1 root audio 14, 34 2004-08-06 23:05 midi02
> crw-rw----  1 root audio 14, 50 2004-08-06 23:05 midi03
> crw-rw----  1 root audio 35,  1 2004-04-30 00:27 midi1
> crw-rw----  1 root audio 35,  2 2004-04-30 00:27 midi2
> crw-rw----  1 root audio 35,  3 2004-04-30 00:27 midi3
> "
>
> Seens to be correctly, right? any help?
>
> I'm using Debian Testing and i have ALSA configured properly.

Check the documentation at <http://www.alsa-project.org>. You probably
need to load the midi drivers, maybe also load some sound fonts. It
depends on your card what exactly you have to do. In the meantime,
install timidity. It is a software player and works without midi driver
support. You can also configure KDE to use timidity.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976