Re: Soundcard Support???

At 17:11 11/09/2004 +0100, you wrote:
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:05:40 -0400, jwyman <jwyman@personainternet.com> wrote:
> i have a dell dimension 8300 with a soundblaster live! card....the
> debian drivers Emu10k1 or SB will not make it work...no sound at
> all....i'd really like to HEAR (pun..lol) from someone with a possible
> solution...thanks

http://opensource.creative.com/soundcard.html

Check out the paragraph which talks about an SBLive model on Dell
boxes /not/ being emu-compatible.  Does that model number match yours?
 I can't help you much beyond having randomly come across that page
earlier today ...

jc

IIRC, the new ALSA buils support the emu10k1 variants.