Re: Install Compress::Zlib

Hello John, hello list!

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 12:05:07AM -0500, John Fleming wrote:
> I'm trying to use the ClamAV Webmin module.  The module seems to work, but
> there is a message to please install Compress::Zlib.  However, when I try to
> do with CPAN, I get the follwoing:
>
> <snipped>
> /bin/sh: line 1: cc: command not found
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You need a C compiler (like gcc) for this.

> I used the same technique to install Date::Manip and HTML::Entities without
> error.  What's wrong with installing Compress::Zlib?

See above. BTW when installing this way the files are not registered
in the package management system, so rather use .debs whenever
possible to avoid possible conflicts.

> P.S. Debian Sarge - If I can install these three things with apt-get, what
> are they called?

libdate-manip-perl, libhtml-parser-perl, libcompress-zlib-perl are the
respective package names. You can find their names by searching the
contents of packages on <http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages>.

HTH,
Flo