Re: spurious interrupt error causes a kernel panic during Debian install

Hi John!
John Summerfield wrote:

Incase I didn't make it clear, the spurious interrupt is not your problem. It's harmless. I think I had it on a Pentium system, Intel and/or SiS chipset (the original mobo failed), certainly on Pentium II (LX). If not for the message there would be no indication it happened.

That interrupt is unrelated to the system hang,

So you are telling me that the the error I receive (that is "BAD EIP: spurious...etc") is not related to the kernel panic,aren't you? I read somewhere during my googling there's a tool that can make a dump of all startup kernel msgs and show them in a file.In this case I'd try to use it and show you all the prompted msgs.I just dont'remember the utility name.Do you?

TIA
Lorenzo