Re: IMAP server with fast search

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Vadik wrote:
I run my own email server which support 5 accounts, but a few of the accounts have a lot of messages (4000 in the a single sub-folder is not uncommon), in addition to this I often need to run search for words in
[...]
Any recommendation of server with good searching?

Well, if you are willing to read the docs and setup something that is
somewhat more complicated, you can use Cyrus.
Well, I did read documentation but I've missed any references to squat. The only reference I was able to find (now) is /usr/share/doc/cyrus21-doc/html/man/squatter.8.html and still be nothing on cyrus website.

Anyway, this sounds really interesting. i was thinking about cyrus for a while, so now there is new reason to try it.

Thanks,