Re: Epiphany, Galeon, Mozilla printing Problem, Konqueror works fine

On Friday 10 September 2004 13:13, Chrissie wrote:
> On 2004-09-06, Justin Guerin <jguerin@cso.atmel.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 September 2004 14:41, Chrissie wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> If i print a website, the text is scrambled. I only see squares.
> >> The graphics of the website is printed ok
> >> Printing from Konqueror is ok. I have made a photo to illustrate the
> >> problem:
> >>
> >> http://x-tra-designs.port11.net/misc/browser_printing_problem.jpg
> >
> > What happens if you print to a file first?
>
> The same thing. If i print to a ps file, and view it in gv, it is
> scrambled already. So the problem is with the generation of the
> printable output in mozilla.

Yes, I agree here.

> > Does the preview in Mozilla look OK?
>
> The mozilla preview looks ok!

Wish I knew what was different between the preview and the output to the
print queue...

> > If the file looks OK, what happens when you print it?  If it's messed
> > up, how did you print it?  Konqueror defaults to kprinter, which seems
> > to work.  Is the file OK if you print with "kprinter file"?
>
> If i print from mozilla with the kprinter command, same effect.
>
> Any other ideas, whats wrong?
>
> chrissie.

Since this problem seems to be mozilla internal, have you tried
re-configuring / re-installing / upgrading moz et. al?  Also, check your
file system for errors.  Perhaps a library that provides printing is
corrupted.  A reinstall / upgrade should fix that, though.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Justin Guerin