Re: IMAP server with fast search

Vadik wrote:

UW-IMAP:
Having all messages in one file with improve search, but opening and manipulating such big file will slow down server.

I can only agree with this part -- I have a few users with insanely large folder trees on an mbox-based UW-IMAP system, and it definitely makes the server eat RAM at a horrendous rate... but that's to be expected...

I've been meaning to convert that box over to maildir to see if the performance goes up or down...

Nate