Re: Network Connection/Newbie My head is spinning@#$%&

Zachary Rizer <zrizer@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Roger Creasy wrote:

> Roger Creasy writes:
>
> > I just installed sarge with KDE. I have DSL
> internet connectivity through my
> > network card, so the card is working. However, if,
> from the KDE desktop, I go
> > to home -> LAN connection, I get an error that
> says that the protocol is not
> > available. What's up with this?

> I have heard that I need to install SAMBA and
> separately that I need to install LISA. Do I need
> both?
>
> I still don't know what I need to do......

What you really need to do is ask a more specific
question. Are you trying to browse your local LAN, or
are you having difficulty getting out to the internet?
I took your question as the latter. Clearly, the
other person, who suggested Samba, took it as the
former. And now even I'm confused. What -- EXACTLY
-- are you trying to do?

I apologize for not being clear. I can connect to the internet. I cannot browse my LAN, which includes Windows and Linux devices.

Thanks for putting time into helping me on this.

Roger