Re: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 blacklisted

John M Flinchbaugh wrote:

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 10:44:53AM -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Andreas Janssen wrote:
Your configuration looks fine to me.
Well, that's interesting. I have no sound whatsoever out of my machine. :(

Any ideas then as to why when the configuration is good I get no sound? I'm really puzzled. I was sure something was misconfigured in my setup.

open a mixer app (aumix, etc) and check that your volumes are up and
unmuted.  they are down by default
Thanks for the replies guys. ***cough, cough*** ***Looks at ground*** I had unmuted, and turned the volume up when I first started playing with this, as I had read on Google to make sure everything was unmuted. Then in all my screwing around with this the changes I had made were reverted back to default and I didn't realize it. I remember seeing a message at boot about alsa needing to be reconfigured but then spaced it out until I looked at the settings again from your prompts. So, I now have sound. LOL. I got the hard part done and just screwed up the easy stuff.