Re: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 blacklisted

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Hello

Freddy Freeloader (<fredddy@cableone.net>) wrote:

I'm having problems with my soundcard.  I have a Soundblaster Live!
5.1 installed on a box running sarge on a 2.6 kernel.

Hotplug tells me that my sound card is "blacklisted".  Doing some
Googling I find that alsa is the default for the 2.6 kernel, but that
hotplug will load some OSS modules by default, and that this is
probably the reason for the sound card being "blacklisted". How do I stop hotplug from loading those OSS modules, or is there another work around?

I guess the OSS drivers are blacklisted so they don't conflict with
ALSA.
emu10k1_gp              6784  0
The gameport driver. Independent on what sound system you use.

snd_emu10k1            98568  2

The ALSA driver for your card. The OSS driver emu10k1 is not listed.

Your configuration looks fine to me.

best regards
       Andreas Janssen

Well, that's interesting.  I have no sound whatsoever out of my machine.  :(

Any ideas then as to why when the configuration is good I get no sound? I'm really puzzled. I was sure something was misconfigured in my setup.