Re: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 blacklisted

Hello

Freddy Freeloader (<fredddy@cableone.net>) wrote:

> I'm having problems with my soundcard.  I have a Soundblaster Live!
> 5.1 installed on a box running sarge on a 2.6 kernel.
>
> Hotplug tells me that my sound card is "blacklisted".  Doing some
> Googling I find that alsa is the default for the 2.6 kernel, but that
> hotplug will load some OSS modules by default, and that this is
> probably the reason for the sound card being "blacklisted".  How do I
> stop hotplug from loading those OSS modules, or  is there another work
> around?

I guess the OSS drivers are blacklisted so they don't conflict with
ALSA.

> emu10k1_gp              6784  0
The gameport driver. Independent on what sound system you use.

> snd_emu10k1            98568  2

The ALSA driver for your card. The OSS driver emu10k1 is not listed.

Your configuration looks fine to me.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270