Re: Sound Problems

Awesome! That worked. I had the wrong driver installed for some reason. Thank you!

Justin Guerin wrote:

On Thursday 09 September 2004 10:29, Noah Durell wrote:
When I type 'alsamixergui' I get the following:
alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device

Sounds like your sound card is either not properly configured or running OSS and not alsa.

Run modconf. Select the appropriate module. If that doesn't work, oot up, and post the dmesg output related to your sound card.

Justin Guerin