Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue

Hi, friends,

I am using Debian Unstable, and try to switch from xtt font engine to
freetype. But when I change this in XF86Config-4, xmms, rxvt can not
run. The error is:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

And then, I install and load the xfs-xtt font service, the error is
gone, every thing is ok. But I don't want to load xfs anymore, what is
the problem? when I use xtt, it can work without xfs.

I use Chinese chars, but I know this error has happened to some
western users, and no solution googled.

I have used defoma to manage the fonts, but the error keeps same in
spite of  the defoma is used or not.

Qi

--
cathayan@gmail.com